rpms/avidemux/devel avidemux.spec,1.40,1.41

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Apr 22 01:25:57 CEST 2011

Richard Shaw wrote:
> For clarification, when you say no AAC support at all. Do you mean
> decode as well? I would think faad2 would cover that, right?

No, sorry, I mean no AAC encode support at all.

Yes, decoding is supported by Free libraries (not sure if faad2 or FFmpeg is
being used, but both are Free).

FAAD was rewritten as FAAD2 to eliminate the copyright-license-encumbered
code from the MPEG reference implementation, but unfortunately the same was
never done to FAAC and this problem was noticed only fairly recently (by the
FFmpeg folks, who are very careful about licensing).

        Kevin Kofler