RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) Package Build Report 2011-04-28

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Apr 29 11:33:46 CEST 2011

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> This ffmpeg update likely is ABI-incompatible with the previous releases,
> if I interpret Fedora bz #700702 correctly. I'm in a hurry, so I haven't
> examined it further:
>
> audacious: relocation error: /usr/lib/audacious/Input/ffaudio.so: symbol
> av_register_protocol2, version LIBAVFORMAT_52 not defined in file
> libavformat.so.52 with link time reference

So I checked the history (at git.videolan.org), 0.6 never had
av_register_protocol2 to begin with, only master. 0.6 still uses the old
(yes, even older; things change very quickly at FFmpeg!)
av_register_protocol instead, which Audacious has support for. I think you
need to rebuild audacious against 0.6, possibly with this patch:
http://hg.atheme.org/audacious-plugins/audacious-plugins/rev/e55f7361877b
(if it isn't already applied in the version we have).

What to do for 0.7, I don't know. We may have to build 0.7 in F15 with
FF_OLD_AVIO enabled.

        Kevin Kofler