multimedia stack update

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sun Aug 14 13:08:15 CEST 2011

Hi folks,
I've just finished build-testing an update of x264 (to ABI level 115)
and ffmpeg (to 0.7.3, which requires x264 ABI 115) in mock. Almost
all current F-14 SRPMS rebuilt fine, with the following exceptions:
avidemux (needs a patch for x264 ABI 115, already patched in F-15)
dvdstyler (needs a one-line patch to use enum instead of int)
vdr-dxr3 (needs a small Makefile patch to build some files with
          -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS)
xdtv (needs a patch to link against libavutil)

None of the FFmpeg patches are related to 0.6 -> 0.7 upgrade,
as far as I can tell, but rather to gcc update. For example,
xdtv was rebuilt around F-12 last time.
I haven't actually tested if everything runs fine and functions
as it should... I need some help here.

I intend to try the same in F-15 and then try with latest x264
and FFmpeg 0.8.x in F-16.

Comments, suggestions?

Regards,
Dominik