Good bye, RPM Fusion! (was: Re: Problem with infrastructure.)

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 29 20:00:20 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Some minutes ago I've removed my bugzilla account from the admin group.
> Thanks, Matthias, for adding me a few years ago!
>
> This also means I will no longer run the cron job that syncs the
> owners.list files into bugzilla. Somebody else will need to take over.
>
> It just doesn't work out any longer. owners.list is filling with invalid
> email addresses again. And this time some of them are account names
> instead of email addrs. My old messages about what could be done have not
> resulted in any encouraging responses. Sure, I could look into needed
> solutions myself and silently, but I believe in team-work and in motivating
> collaboration. I also believe in people being brave enough to tell me
> their opinion, even if they would only come up with a request for something
> to be done as an improvement. There is no such activity at RPM Fusion.
> Not limited to the bugzilla comps syncing.

Just like other, I'm really sad to read this but I understand your point.
There's really a gap in rpmfusion infra which need to be fix but not by only
one person (that means me)

What I can propose to other (including those who want to be involved
_really_) as a 1srt step is to plan a irc meeting on #rpmfusion-admin to
point out what is really going on
with RPM Fusion infra.

--
Xavier.t Lamien