rebuilding mythtv and xbmc for EL6

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Thu Jul 14 01:40:45 CEST 2011

I recently moved my XBMC / MythTV box from Fedora to CentOS 6. RPM
Fusion's mythtv SRPMs built fine once I satisfied the missing
dependencies. I was able to use SRPMs from Fedora / RPM Fusion F15
branches.

The following dependency packages are missing from EPEL or RPM
Fusion's EL-testing. I plan to contact the individual maintainers to
see if they will branch for EL6 and to offer help if they want. If
anyone else here is interested in EL6, please let me know! (Or maybe
I'll run out of enthusiasm, and this will serve as a stepping stone
for other folks, who knows.)

Missing EL6 deps for mythtv-0.24.1-1.fc15.src.rpm:

BR: lirc-devel. Branch for EPEL. Owner: jwilson
	BR: libirman-devel. Branch for EPEL. Owner: ondrejj

BR: faac-devel. Branch from RPM Fusion nonfree. Owner: kwizart
BR: libfame-devel. Branch from RPM Fusion free. Owner: jwilson
BR: mjpegtools-devel. Branch from RPM Fusion free. Owner:
j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
	BR: SDL_gfx-devel. EPEL maintainer has branched for EL6, but see:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/720879. Owner: thias
	BR: libquicktime-devel. Branch from RPM Fusion free. Owner: kwizart
		BR: faad2-devel. Branch from RPM Fusion free. Owner: kwizart
			BR: id3lib, now in EPEL testing.
			BR: xmms-devel. Orphaned in Fedora. I disabled the xmms code in the
faad2 SRPM.

BR: transcode, Branch from RPM Fusion free. Owner: david at juran.se, cc kwizart
	BR: pvm, Branch for EPEL. Owner: alexlan
	BR: libmpeg3-devel, Branch for RPM Fusion free. Owner: kwizart

BR: x264-devel, Branch from RPM Fusion free. Owner:
rpm at greysector.net, cc kwizart
BR: libcrystalhd-devel, Branch for EPEL. Owner: jwilson
	BR: gstreamer-devel >= 0.10.30, and CentOS Base has 0.10.29. I bumped
libcrystalhd-devel's requirement down to CentOS's version and it
builds, though I don't have the hardware to test myself.

BR: libcdaudio-devel. Now in EPEL-testing.

mytharchive Requires:
dvdauthor. Branch for EPEL. Owner: scop
ffmpeg. Branch from RPM Fusion free. rpm at greysector.net, cc kwizart
	BR: librtmp-devel (rtmpdump). Branch from RPM Fusion free. Owners:
dwmw2 at infradead.org, cc alexlan
	BR: libva-devel. Branch for EPEL. Owner: adamwill
	Had to conditionally disable BR: libvpx-devel >= 0.9.1. CentOS base
includes 0.9.0. See bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/1250
	BR: x264-devel . Branch from RPM Fusion free. rpm at greysector.net, cc kwizart

BR: perl-DateTime-Format-ISO8601, Fork for EPEL. Owner: cweyl

As is, mythtv-0.24.1-1.fc15.src.rpm fails because it misses qt-webkit-devel:
	Error! QtWebkit headers not found
I had to modify the qt-webkit-devel conditional in mythtv.spec:
%if 0%{?fedora} >= 14 || 0%{?rhel} >= 6

mythvideo Requires: python-imdb. Branch for EPEL. Owner: limb
mythweather Requires: perl(Date::Manip::TZ). In Fedora this is
contained within the perl-Date-Manip package. RHEL6 has an older
perl-Date-Manip that does not contain the ::TZ modules. For EL6, we
could make a separate package, ie perl-Date-Manip-TZ, but this is
probably not the best option because this could cause incompatibilites
- the modules are supposed to be one "package" from upstream's point
of view. It is more feasible to simply patch mythweather to work with
an older Date::Manip. I've written a patch (just 3 lines changed) and
I can submit this separately.

mythvideo Requires: mplayer. Branch for RPM Fusion free.
	BR: aalib-devel. Already branched in EPEL6; see
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/695759
	BR: em8300-devel. Branch for EPEL. Owner: heffer, cc scop
	Had to conditionally disable BR: libvpx-devel >= 0.9.1. CentOS base
includes 0.9.0. See bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/1250
	BR: lib555-devel. Branch for RPM Fusion free.
	BR: twolame-devel. Branch for RPM Fusion free.

mjpegtools Requires: mencoder. Branch for RPM Fusion free.
mjpegtools Requires: y4mscaler. Branch for RPM Fusion free.

== Rebuild xbmc (and deps) ==

Same deal for XBMC. Several of the deps above probably apply here, but
these are the additional ones.

Missing EL6 deps for xbmc-10.1-3.fc15.src.rpm :

BR: libass-devel. Branch for EPEL. Owners: mso
BR: hdhomerun-devel. Branch for EPEL. Owners: jwilson, jcollie
BR: libbluray-devel. Already branched in EPEL6; see
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/721124 . Owners: xavierb