nvidia 275.09.04 fixes konsole resize lockups

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 19:33:03 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
> So what I plan to do instead is to import the driver in rawhide and
> request users affected by this bug to use akmod-nvidia from rawhide.
> The other plan is to maintain another branch of the driver as
> nvidia-latest or nvidia-beta (which branch already exists). to provide
> another parallele driver.

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation until today.

I have built some -beta packages successfully but have some
questions/observations:

1. I added a "Conflict:" for the non-beta package in the beta package.
I assume we'd need to do the opposite for the non-beta package?
2. There are a few places where the spec file differ significantly
from the template[1]. Specifically in the "buildforkernels" macros. I
as able to follow the wiki and get a new akmod package built but
there's a small typo on the wiki as well. In the macro definition it
should be "akmod" not "akmods" as that isn't a valid kmodtool option.
3. On a related note, the --newest, --current, & --akmod options are
not shown in "kmodtool --help". Is this intentional?

Thanks,
Richard

[1] http://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2