orphaning bsnes

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:34:24 CEST 2011

W dniu 15.06.2011 22:23, Nicolas Chauvet pisze:
> 2011/6/15 Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com>:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have realised that I have not been giving bsnes the love it deserves.
>> The current version in the repos is severely lagging behind upstream
>> release, and I have no energy to update it due to some massive changes.
>> I am attaching the latest spec (building on f14 but install section
>> needs tweaking). How should I proceed next?
>>
>> Julian
>>

> Hi,
>
> You need to follow the same process as it used to be in fedora:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Deprecate_orphaned_packages#CVS
>
> Basically, remove all files related to the module in devel (not
> current branches)
> and put a dead.package that explain why this module is orphaned.
>
> But we could wait a little for another maintainer to rise before that.
>
> Thx
>
> Nicolas (kwizart)

Thanks for the info Nicolas. I haven't been following bsnes development
lately, but it seems upstream has focused on the core emulation aspect,
leaving UI to third parties (some UI still seems to be there though).
IIRC mednafen development packages include bsnes. Other frontend is ssnes.
Just writing it up so that the prospective maintainers knows what are
they getting themselves into.

Julian