MLT / Kdenlive / OpenShot bugzilla questions

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Tue May 10 23:21:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 05/10/2011 04:58 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> It seems quite a mess has been made lately with these packages and I'd
> like to start getting them cleaned up and need some mentoring.
>
> 1. There are several bugs open for MLT that I'd like to consolidate, I
> know in general newer bugs should be marked as duplicates of older
> ones

That is more or less the general rule, yes but exceptions based on common
sense are quite normal too.

> but as most (all) of the discussion is happening in 1688 I'd like
> to mark all the other bugs duplicates of it.

Yes that would be the sensible thing to do :)

> 2. The video preview problem in MLT has been fixed in GIT but I'd
> rather wait for an official point release if it will be available
> soon. To that end, kdenlive will need to be updated at the same time
> but I haven't heard from Ryan in a couple of weeks. I assume that this
> is due to college finals but I have no way of knowing for sure.

It would be best if you could become a kdenlive co-maintainer, so
that you can do rebuilds for newer MLT's yourself. AFAIK Ryan already
has said that is fine with him, right? Then all we need is a CVS admin
to adjust the ACL-s.

Regards,

Hans