RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) Package Build Report 2011-04-28

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:53:15 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> On 29.04.2011 17:41, Richard Shaw wrote:
>>>
>>> We need a build of kdenlive against 0.6.2, then the whole thing can be
>>> pushed together.
>>
>> Ok, so we need to wait for Ryan to do that this weekend. I think he
>> has finals at school or something right now.
>
> What is the status of this stuff? F14 testing has this afaics:
>
>  900857 Apr 11 18:20 mlt-0.7.0-2.fc14.src.rpm
> 25673134 Apr 14 09:15 openshot-1.3.0-3.fc14.src.rpm
>  3228349 Apr 22 14:54 kdenlive-0.7.8-2.fc14.src.rpm
>
> Can those be pushed to stable updates?

Ryan's been dealing with finals at school so we're a bit delayed.
Since Openshot uses python bindings instead of using MLT directly it
can go to stable but 1.3.1 is already out so I was waiting to see if
we were going to get another point release of MLT with the video
preview bug fixed before building it. As a backup plan I do have a git
version of mlt with the bug fix that builds and I have one openshot
user report saying it works.

Also, in the meantime, kdenlive 0.8 has been released.

I guess the build/release of MLT and Kdenlive will need to be
synchronized. How exactly do we do that? I figure mlt will need to be
built first so it will be available to buildsys before kdenlive can be
built, right?

So assuming my logic is correct, we need to:

1. Get a new build of mlt, either (relatively) current git now or wait
for a point release.
2. Get it pushed into testing.
3. Build Kdenlive 0.8 and OpenShot 1.3.1
4. Push both into stable?co

I mention #4 with a question mark because I have provided OpenShot
1.3.1 packages through my google docs and already have some positive
user reports and I have tested it myself with good results. I also
built Kdenlive 0.8 but I don't know if anyone has used it yet.

As a side note, frei0r-plugins 1.3 has been released upstream which I
know OpenShot uses... I'd be willing to be a co-maintainer of it if
Nicolas doesn't mind or could use the help. I see his name on a lot of
packages...

Thanks,
Richard