RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) Package Build Report 2011-04-28

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:09:30 CEST 2011

2011/5/16 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>:
> So assuming my logic is correct, we need to:
>
> 1. Get a new build of mlt, either (relatively) current git now or wait
> for a point release.
> 2. Get it pushed into testing.
> 3. Build Kdenlive 0.8 and OpenShot 1.3.1
> 4. Push both into stable?co

In RPM Fusion, we have a particularity. Once a package is built, it
hits the buildroot directly.
So once mlt is built, you can build kdelive and openshot right after.
Then everything can be pushed to !{testing}! before anything goes into stable.

> I mention #4 with a question mark because I have provided OpenShot
> 1.3.1 packages through my google docs and already have some positive
> user reports and I have tested it myself with good results. I also
> built Kdenlive 0.8 but I don't know if anyone has used it yet.
Note: Please request ACL on package by having primary maintainer
blocking bug#33 on any bugreport related to the component involved. (I
remember having seen a question about that on this ml that I might
have passed).

> As a side note, frei0r-plugins 1.3 has been released upstream which I
> know OpenShot uses... I'd be willing to be a co-maintainer of it if
> Nicolas doesn't mind or could use the help. I see his name on a lot of
> packages...
Good for me once you update in rawhide (f16) first and then, if there
is no ABI break involved, update stable onl if they are mandatory
features that worth it.