Attempting to update omnibook, omnibook-kmod, and akmod-omnibook

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Mon May 23 06:27:21 CEST 2011

On Sunday 22 May 2011 22:42:25 Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2011/5/22 Ryan Martin <kynalvarus at gmail.com>:
> ..
>
> > How can I get access to the spec files for the above packages, so that
> > I can create packages for review?
>
> Hello Ryan,
>
> Thx for joining RPM Fusion and welcome on board !
>
> Is there any existing bug at bugzilla.rpmfusion.org where you've tried
> to get in touch with the current maintainer for a reference ?
>
> About submitting a patch, I guess you can grab the latest src.rpm for
> the component you plan to update.
> Then someone will review the change and give you access as needed.
>
> While at it, do you wonder why this module isn't merged in the vanilla
> kernel and when it can be ?
> At least I saw you patch was merged in the upstream git tree for the
> omnibook project, which if fine.
>

> Nicolas (kwizart)

Its possible that it already is merged.... I do not know one way or the other.
However, I have a fairly recent Toshiba Qosmio. When I first got the computer
I needed the kmod in order to get the computer to boot properly without extra
parameters and bluetooth to work. Currently, the computer seems to work
properly without the kmod and also, with the kmod the computer does not boot.
Consequently, I'm assuming that their is somekind of conflict with the kmod
and more recent kernels which would seem to indicate that the drivers have
been merged.

Worth triple checking

Eli