I removed a few packages from the devel/F15 repos due to broken deps

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 21:38:22 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis
<fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> In case someone wonders what I did for the actual branching, here are
> the rough steps:
>
> * remove all kmod packages from the devel repos
> * build a buildsys-build-rpmfusion package that contained a hard dep on
> the F15 release kernel
> * rebuild all kmods and make them build akmod packages, too
> * check for broken deps and find a "solution" for them
> * create a signing key for F16
> * add the public key to the rpmfusion-{non,}free-release packages fopr
> F13, F14 and F15
> * build rpmfusion-{non,}free-release packages for F15 that have the
> proper repos enabled and rawhide disabled
> * push all of that
> * for free and nonfree something like this:
> mkdir releases/15/
> cp -a development/ releases/15/Everything
> * ask adrianr to make changes in the MirrorManager (in fact he asked me
> before I asked him)
> * build kmods for the updated kernel

I have created a rough wiki page[1] from this information to be
expounded upon. It will need to be made suitably version generic but I
didn't want this info to get lost.

I'm not sure what the right syntax is for "code" in the RPM Fusion
wiki, <pre>...</pre> didn't work like it does on the Fedora wiki.

Richard

[1] http://rpmfusion.org/Branching