FFmpeg 0.8.2 and x264 ABI 116 in devel/F-16

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 10:35:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thanks for working on this!

On 09/03/2011 11:38 PM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Hi all,
> sorry it took so long, but I didn't have enough free time to do it
> faster.
>
> Anyway, long story short:
> The plan is to push FFmpeg 0.8.2 and latest x264 stable git to
> devel/F-16 branch. There are 34 packages which depend on these two.
> Out of those, only 2 (two!) had build failures which I wasn't able
> to fix quickly, namely ffmpeg2dirac and lightspark.
> ffmpeg2dirac needs more porting to FFmpeg 0.8 API than I was able to
> do quickly and lightspark's build fails with some obscure llvm error.
>
> So I think we're in pretty good shape to move forward.
> I'll post my patches in this thread so that the respective maintainers
> can look at them and hopefully push them upstream. Note that most
> packages simply need a version bump and a rebuild.

I've taken the liberty to do a bump and rebuild for libquicktime
(as I need this for gstreamer-ffmpeg testing, because that testing
needs gstreamer-plugins-bad -> mjpegtools -> libquicktime).

I'll also take care of rebuilding:
gstreamer-ffmpeg (including rebase to 0.10.12)
gstreamer-plugins-ugly
audacious-plugins-freeworld

Regards,

Hans