No one working on akmod bugs?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 21:28:02 CEST 2011

2011/9/8 Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com>:
> well, I use this command to workaround
> /usr/sbin/akmods --force
>
> on bug 1813 , is not clear what should be the patch, can you provide one
> patch , for test in my computer ?

I don't think you need to force it. It actually does run but because
it exits with a non-zero error level systemctl thinks something went
wrong.

I'm not sure exactly what "exit ${1:-128}" is supposed to accomplish
and I'm not a bash expert. Looking a a reference[1], it appears to
mean that if $1 doesn't exist or is null, then "128" is substituted.

Since I think akmods is called without an additional options, $1 is
indeed unset.

I simply changed the "128" to "0" and it fixes the problem but I have
no idea as to the appropriateness of that fix. I'm sure the original
author, Thorsten Leemhuis (from the script header), had some reason
for causing it to exit with that way, I'm just not sure what it is.

Richard

[1] http://www.gnu.org/s/bash/manual/bash.html#Shell-Parameter-Expansion