Unbundling effort

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 19:29:01 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
<dominik at greysector.net> wrote:
> On Friday, 09 September 2011 at 19:05, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
>> <dominik at greysector.net> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > it seems that I forgot about xbmc. However, I have now managed to port
>> > it to the new FFmpeg API and it builds fine. I'm not sure the patch
>> > is 100% correct, but upstream should be able to improve upon it.
>> >
>> > By the way, how is the unbundling effort coming along?
>>
>> I've un-bundled everything I'm capable of doing for avidemux...
>>
>> http://rpmfusion.org/BundledLibraries
>
> Good work, your effort is appreciated. I may be able to help with
> FFmpeg unbundling, assuming I can find some spare time.

The only part of the above URL that's sort of a lie is that I had to
re-enable the built-in spider monkey (js) for Fedora releases 15+
because avidemux 2.5x is not compatible with the fedora provided
version. Hopefully that will be fixed for avidemux 2.6+.

I'd like the help but I'm not sure how easy it will be. I noticed that
the version of ffmpeg they use is heavily patched during the build
process.

Thanks,
Richard