kmods on rawhide

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Mon Jan 2 23:59:36 CET 2012

2012/1/2 Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com>:
>> With your suggestion, mock does build my kmod- package successfully,
>> but I'm more interested in testing out the full package builds, and
>> not only akmods.
>
> you have other option :
> -%define buildforkernels current
> +%define buildforkernels newest
>
> what I can understand , current will based on
> buildsys-build-rpmfusion-kerneldevpkgs-current
> when newest will try build with newest kernel .

Yeah, I've tried mock builds with both "newest" and "current", but
both fail. From what I can see both "current" and "newest" are defined
in the data within buildsys-build-rpmfusion.

To put it another way, running either of these commands on my F17 box
outputs BuildRequires for an old kernel, 3.1.0-7.fc16

$ kmodtool --target $(uname -m) --repo rpmfusion --kmodname openafs --current
$ kmodtool --target $(uname -m) --repo rpmfusion --kmodname openafs --newest

I'm not sure how to get around that without bumping the versions in
buildsys-build-rpmfusion.