MythTV for EL-6 discussion

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 5 10:45:15 CET 2012

On 05/01/12 08:26, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Here's my current status, please let me know if there's something I
> need to update:
>
> Missing dependencies for MythTV on EPEL 6.
> ---
> lirc [1] (built, pending for testing)
> libfame [2] (built)
> mjpegtools [13] (which version to build?)
>          ->  libquicktime [12] (closed as invalid)
>                  ->  ffmpeg [11] (closed as invalid)
>                          ->  libvpx (dead, upstream will not update) [3]
>                          ->  x264 [4]
>          ->  mplayer/mencoder (Requires)
>                  ->  em8300 (Do we really need this?)
>                  ->  libass (in epel-testing)
>                  ->  twolame [6] (built but not available?)
>          ->  y4mscaler (Requires) [10]
>                  ->  mjpegtools-devel
>                          ->  mjpegtools-libs
> transcode
>          ->  pvm [7]
>          ->  libmpeg3 [8]
>          ->  v4l (too old) [9]
>          ->  mjpegtools-devel (et al.)
>          ->  libquicktime-devel (et al.)
> libcrystalhd (disabled due to below)
>          ->  gstreamer
>                  ->  gobject-introspection (needs glib2>  2.24, EL6 has 2.22.5)
>                          ->  cairo

Are some packages redhat ones ?
some fedora-epel ?
and eg ffmpeg etc are RPM Fusion

If redhat aren't willing to update, you might be screwed. EPEL still
might take convincing and reject (for those, would we use an internal
lib instead to work around the problem ?, or disable that functionality
in the packages, with a notes to say why ?).

Hopefully not to much problems within RPM Fusions EL6 packages and
people wanting to stick with a tried and true version ?