Moving xine-lib and dependent apps to RPM Fusion Free for F17?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 5 21:13:35 CET 2012

On Thursday 05 January 2012, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> I don't know anything about rpmfusion packaging and infrastructure, so
> I'd be happy if someone picks up xine-ui there. In fact, xine-ui gets
> most xine related abrt reports, it seems, and I always found it
> difficult to decide whether those are really xine-ui or xine-lib issues.
> So, xine-ui would best be put into the xine-lib maintainer's hands
> anyways ;)

Well, to be honest, I'd be glad if xine-lib also got a new maintainer.
(Xavier? :-) ) As I wrote, I only really maintain xine-lib because of Kaffeine,
and I'll stop caring about xine-lib the day Kaffeine releases its MPlayer-based
code (or something else not based on xine-lib). In particular, I also really
don't want to maintain xine-ui…

Note that xine-lib-extras-freeworld can be merged back into xine-lib when it
moves to RPM Fusion, and the new xine-lib can Obsolete/Provide it. That'll
allow making the packaging a bit less of a wicked mess than it is now.

        Kevin Kofler