akmods/kmods 3.2 kernel

Nicolas Viéville nicolas.vieville at univ-valenciennes.fr
Mon Jan 9 23:21:33 CET 2012

Hello,

> Note that the latest Linux kernel ( 3.2 ) has a few ABI changes, most
> notably in the network stack [1] which affects the Broadcom’s wl
> module and it will fail to build with "error: unknown field
> 'ndo_set_multicast_list' specified in initializer".
> "ndo_set_multicast_list" has been replaced with "ndo_set_rx_mode."
>
> Attached is a patched that fixes this issue with the broadcom driver
> which needs to be included in those packages.
>
> Tested against upstream source [2].

Thanks to your indications, wl-kmod packages (akmod-wl included) were
successfully build on target fedora-development-rpmfusion_nonfree for
kernel 3.2.0-2.fc17 (see buildsys.rpmfusion.org logs). As I don't have
rawhide installed on my own machine (working PC), I cannot test this new
package. Perhaps one could!

Do you thing that kernel 3.2 will reach F-16? If so a rebuild of the
wl-kmod with kernel >= 3.2 patch will be necessary.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Cordially,

--
Nicolas Viéville