ps3mediaserver

Dan Spain daniel.christopher.spain at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:01:28 CET 2012

Hi All,

I'm new to packaging, so please bear with my stupid questions...

I'm trying to package ps3mediaserver and I'm unsure about a few issues.

Q1: The source contains a binary for tsMuxer with a non-GPL licence,
but it sounds similar enough:
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/source/browse/trunk/ps3mediaserver/linux/tsMuxeR_licence.txt
Is it suitable to leave this wrapped up and placed into the same rpm
as long as the licence in %docs etc..?

Q2: The program also has some soft requires that aren't in rpmfusion
(zenlib and libmediainfo0), but there are already rpm's available via
sourceforge, what is the best way to handle this?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenlib/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Neither of them are 'needed' as such, but they add some functionality,
so would like to include them if possible.

Dan

link to project for reference;
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/
Note: I'm not connected to these projects, just trying to package the source.