ps3mediaserver

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 15:47:13 CET 2012

2012/1/20 Dan Spain <daniel.christopher.spain at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,

Hello Dan and welcomed to the RPM Fusion developers mailing list.
> I'm new to packaging, so please bear with my stupid questions...
>
> I'm trying to package ps3mediaserver and I'm unsure about a few issues.
>
> Q1: The source contains a binary for tsMuxer with a non-GPL licence,
> but it sounds similar enough:
> http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/source/browse/trunk/ps3mediaserver/linux/tsMuxeR_licence.txt
This license allows redistribution of the binary, this is a nonfree license.
So every package that will mandatory requires this component will fall
under the RPM Fusion nonfree section.

> Is it suitable to leave this wrapped up and placed into the same rpm
> as long as the licence in %docs etc..?
I think a separate package would worth for this nonfree component.
You may search from the original project URL creating this specific package.

> Q2: The program also has some soft requires that aren't in rpmfusion
> (zenlib and libmediainfo0), but there are already rpm's available via
> sourceforge, what is the best way to handle this?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenlib/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/
>
> Neither of them are 'needed' as such, but they add some functionality,
> so would like to include them if possible.

Those project are free software. they might be acceptable for fedora.
If they are acceptable for fedora, they cannot be accepted in RPM Fusion.
You can follow this process to become a Fedora package maintainer:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers

This is for RPM Fusion content:
http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors

Thx for your interest