rpms/mpg123/EL-6 .cvsignore, 1.5, 1.6 mpg123.spec, 1.5, 1.6 sources, 1.5, 1.6

Matthias Saou matthias at saou.eu
Mon Jul 2 19:04:52 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:50:08 +0200
Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Please can you avoid to hijack the development process doing
> >> unknown update in the EL branch ?
> >> You are not the only EL interested user/developer so no mess
> >> should be expected in this area.
> >
> > Maybe we need to update this guidelines in there area... How do I
> > know who also maintainers this package? Also, are we not supposed to
> > general build the latest released version of a package? It looked
> > like Hans was the main Fedora maintainer and he has mentioned
> > several times in the past he has no interest in EL...
>
> Who do you believe you will abuse with this twisted reasoning ?
> You are a co-maintainer of the devel branch along with EL-6.
>
> Please review the http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy and
> consider EL-6 as a "deep stable" branch
> not a branch ahead of any fedora development branch.

But if there had not been any EL-6 build for this package yet, there is
nothing preventing the initial build to be the latest version
available, even if it's ahead of all Fedora branches, as those are
always meant to be completely independent from EL.

Matthias

--
            Matthias Saou                  ██          ██