sdlmame-data-roms missing on F17

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun Jul 15 16:12:47 CEST 2012

On Dom, 2012-07-15 at 12:24 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> W dniu 08.07.2012 22:43, Sérgio Basto pisze:

> >> I guess this can be done if it is only the robby rom, the other ones
> >> available at mamedev.org need to be downloaded from there IIRC.
> >>
> >> I'll look into it during the next update.
> >
> > Thanks for attending my request, I send in attached my proposal patch
> > for sdlmame-data.spec, which is based on
> > rpmfusion/sdlmame-data-roms/F-16/sdlmame-data-roms.spec
> >
> > We can get quickly robby rom and sdlmame-data-roms-README.ROMs with:
> > yumdownloader --source sdlmame-data-roms --releasever=16
> > rpm -ivh sdlmame-data-roms-0120-3.fc11.src.rpm
> > mv ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/sdlmame-data-roms-README.ROMs sdlmame-data/devel
> > mv ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/robby.zip sdlmame-data/devel
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> I looked into it and it seems robby needs to be downloaded from the
> mamedev.org website exactly as the others:
>
> ROMs for Free Download
>
> Thanks to the generosity of some of the original creators of the classic
> games that MAME® can emulate, several games have been released for free,
> non-commercial use. It is our hope that in the future, we will be able
> to add more games to this list.
>
> Note: The ROMs on these pages have been approved for free distribution
> on this site only. Just because they are available here for download
> does not entitle you to put them on your own site, include them with
> your own distributions of MAME, or bundle them with your software,
> cabinet, or other item. To do that, you must obtain permission from the
> original owners.

I think, all rooms except "Robby Roto", based on
sdlmame-data-roms-README.ROMs, you may read it on sdlmame-data-roms
branch F-16, sdlmame-data-roms/F-16/sdlmame-data-roms-README.ROMs
"Due to copyright, we are only able to provide the Robby Roto romset, as
it is the only one in the Public Domain.

There are some other romsets available for non-commercial use here:
http://www.mamedev.org/roms/

When it comes to others, you need to dump them from your PCBs."

I can guarantee, that rom "Robby Roto" was distributed for several years
in rpmfusion and I'm not aware of any problem.

Best,
--
Sérgio M. B.