rpmfusion: moving from updates -> main repo

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jun 13 12:07:39 CEST 2012

Alec Leamas wrote:
> So, I have built my package bombono-dvd. It has been in updates now for
> some time (>1 month) and I have tested it. Obviously, I want it to
> become part of rpmfusion main repo. I dutyfully read the process
> description on http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors, but this last piece
> seems to be missing there.
>
> So: after building, testing and giving my package some time in updates:
> how do I proceed to get it into the main repo?

RPM Fusion works the same way as Fedora, the main repo doesn't change
anymore after release, new packages go first to updates-testing, then to
updates, where they stay. (The updates repo is enabled by default, updates-
testing is not.) The package will be in the main repo for Fedora 18.

        Kevin Kofler