ffmpeg-0.11

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Jun 19 15:31:16 CEST 2012

On 06/18/2012 11:00 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> Can't you just use a higher version/release on the virtual provides
> (phonon-backend) of phonon-backend-gstreamer? Would the RPMFusion
> buildroot still pull in phonon-backend-vlc?

I do appreciate all the input guys, but really, the kde-sig was (and has
been) over this many times (e.g. we've already debated the pros/cons of
all the solutions mentioned in this thread already), and the current
implemented solution really is the best compromise for both packager and
end-user (at least until rpm/yum grow soft dependencies or allow
packagers better control of how to prefer one over various providers).

-- rex