Qtractor alternatives revisited

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 05:30:33 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Brendan Jones wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm returning to implementing alternatives rather than providing an upstream
> patch at this stage.
>
> There is only one binary in this package. The only other files are an icon,
> desktop file and a Qt translation. Is it permissible to package only this
> binary in RPMFusion and have it require the Fedora package?
> I can provide a launcher script in /usr/bin which does
> `readlink %{_bindir}/qtractor` so that the desktop file in the Fedora
> package will work for both. The Qtractor About dialog states explicitly
> whether MP3 support is disabled or not, so its easy enough to determine
> which had been launched by the desktop file.
>
> Or should I provide alternative icons, desktop file and translations for
> both?

Hang on there. I managed to factor out the libmad parts of the code
into an external .so file, and use dlopen the access libmad
functionality. Things work here on my local machine. Now all I have to
do is clean up the code and (re)fresh my qmake skills to automate the
compilation, linking etc. I'll send you my patch once I am done.

Best,
Orcan