FFmepg rebuild Schedule ?

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:51:23 CEST 2012

2012/6/24 Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com>:
> W dniu 24.06.2012 14:15, Nicolas Chauvet pisze:
>>>>
>>> I forgot at least gpac so updating the list :
>>>
>>> 1st - build gpac
>>> 2nd - build x264 with bootstrap
>>> 3rd - build ffmpeg-0.11
>>> 4th - build x264 without bootstrap
>>>>
>>> After that everything that depends on x264 or ffmpeg-0.11 or gpac.
>>
>> There is no reason for gpac to be before x264 with bootstrap since
>> bootstrap means build x264 with minimal dependency (so  without gpac
>> and ffmpeg).
>>
>> Here is the plan
>> 1st  - build x264 with bootstrap
>> 2nd - build ffmpeg-0.11
>> 3rd - gpac
>> 4th - x264 can be built without bootsrap
>>
>> but it's also possible to build x264 at the very end.
>>
>> Now the idea is to build vlc not that far so phonon application can
>> have their backend installed at build time.
>>
>> Nicolas (kwizart)
>>
> I have posted a patch for vlc not so long ago, so a rebuild should not
> be a problem once ffmpeg is in place.
Thx, but the fix existed back to March and was fetched from the
upstream vlc repository.
At least, can you verify to have mplayer in sync with devel and F-17 ?

After the FFmpeg/x264 bootstrap is done, I will handle libquicktime
vlc and mjpegtools and leave others maintainers the oppotunity to
submit their rebuilt until tommorrow. (Then I will submit a rebuilt
job from the remaining FFmpeg/x264 dependencies).
Depending on how the rebuilt went , I will push package out then or
later this week.