FFmepg rebuild Schedule ?

Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello marcosfrm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:13:07 CEST 2012

2012/6/25 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>

> Right, note that gstreamer-0.11 are non stable API / ABI preview releases
> of what will become gstreamer-1.0, iow they are not really suitable for
> packaging.
>

> gst-ffmpeg-0.11.x also does not support ffmpeg-0.11

This situation sucks. gst-ffmpeg developers are working on the
unstable 0.11.x code with an *also* unstable Libav API (iow there's no
Libav release incorporating its API changes yet). They expect that we
ship for now gst-ffmpeg 0.10 stable series, which is guaranteed to
work with Libav-0.8 series (which is compatible with FFmpeg up to 0.10
series).

Can't we stick with ffmpeg 0.10.x in F17 and (try to) push 0.11 only
for F18? At some time hopefully Libav-0.9 will be released and FFmpeg
will catch up with the new (final) API in FFmpeg 0.12 or so...

Marcos