Cleaning up Bugzilla

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Sun Mar 25 11:54:33 CEST 2012

[ This will appear on planet.fedoraproject.org shortly ]

RPMFusion's Bugzilla has gathered a number of bugs over the years and, for
lack of maintainance, bugs filed against EOL-ed versions of Fedora have never
been closed. The result is a number of open bugs:

Fedora  8 :  2 bugs
Fedora  9 :  2 bugs
Fedora 10 : 13 bugs
Fedora 11 :  8 bugs
Fedora 12 : 10 bugs
Fedora 13 :  6 bugs
Fedora 14 : 45 bugs

I've added a new resolution, EXPIRED, in bugzilla.rpmfusion.org and I'll be
using it over the next few weeks to close bugs filed against Fedora 8 through
14. Once a week, I'll be taking one version's bugs and closing them with the
EXPIRED resolution and adding a comment on the next version's bugs warning that
they will be closed a week later.

Once we're done with those, it will probably be time to do the same thing to
the Fedora 15 bugs. At that point, we'll probably join the Fedora bug triage
cycle, doing this every 6 months.