NVIDIA driver and graphical grub2?

Adam Williamson adamwill at shaw.ca
Thu May 17 08:15:44 CEST 2012

So I'm talking to a guy on IRC (freegz), who uses the NVIDIA driver. It
seems that when he converted from non-graphical grub2 to graphical grub2
(which we've changed relatively recently in F17), the NVIDIA driver
stopped working. It sounds rather like the issue with nomodeset and
graphical grub2 raised in this thread on test:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-May/108022.html

so, it sounds like someone might need to check into how to make nvidia
play nice with graphical grub2. I'm guessing it's possible as ubuntu
seems to default to graphical grub2, but I thought it'd be worth a
heads-up.

thanks!
--
adamw