qtractor moved to Fedora

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:11:11 CEST 2012

2012/5/18 Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it at gmail.com>:
> The reason why we repackaged this in Fedora is so that we can include it in
> the upcoming Fedora Audio spin.
This is the worse excuse that I ever heard.
You will face your users complain not having mp3 support alone.
If I was oget, I would have asked to purge the whole changelog so you
can be seen as the only responsible for such mess.

> I'm not keen on the scenario where both packages are present and agree with
> Orcan that the alternatives approach does not really add any benefit. What

You are going to implement alternatives support and submit a
completely new review in RPM Fusion as a owner change process.
But for myself, I will not import anything until this rotten fedora
package is renamed as qtractor-free not to replace known RPM Fusion
one. PERIOD.