qtractor moved to Fedora

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Wed May 23 23:51:46 CEST 2012

On 05/21/2012 09:50 AM, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> Le 20 mai 2012 23:24, "Kevin Kofler" <kevin.kofler at chello.at
> <mailto:kevin.kofler at chello.at>> a écrit :
>
>     Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
>      > But in this case I wonder why not to simply override the no
>      > replacement policy ? At least a good reason would need to be provided
>      > for still obeying this policy.
>
>     Users in countries which obey software patents might not want their
>     patent-
>     compliant package silently replaced by a patent-encumbered one.
>
> It doens't hold, RPM Fusion free is fully made of patent encumbered
> components by design.
> Which make me wonder if we really need to requires the
> rpmfusion-free-release from the rpmfusion-nonfree-release from patent
> point of view.
>
> My point is that people using mp3 enabled qtractor from current RPM
> Fusion shouldn't received a disabled package either.
>
> Nicolas (kwizart)

I completely understand your concern here.

Orcan has indicated that he was looking to find a new maintainer for
qtractor in any case. I'm more than happy to maintain both and
personally deal with the fallout. I think in Fedora renaming this
anything other than the 'qtractor' is unlikely. I'm happy to consider
the alternatives option

Brendan