Late branching for F-20 because of FFmpeg deps needfix

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 22:52:28 CEST 2013

W dniu 26.08.2013 12:41, Nicolas Chauvet pisze:
> Hi,
>
> Given that FFmpeg was updated without all dependencies fixed to work
> with it, I will try to make our devel repository to point to
> branched/F-20 instead of rawhide.
> (which should point to F-21 packages already)
>
> Please remind that I'm not going to update the mock config accordingly,
> so this will lead to a difference betweek your mock build and the buildsys.
>
> I will also issue a mass rebuild once most of the packages got fixed and
> branch before the middle of September.
>
> Please fix your package and others failing packages by requesting ACL if
> needed.
>
> Nicolas (kwizart)

Gentoo seem to have a fix for gpac:
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/media-video/gpac/files/gpac-0.5.0-ffmpeg2.patch?diff_format=s&view=log

this will fix gpac and x264 at least, and can probably be adapted to
quite a few other failures.
Having said that, we seem to carry quite a lot of software which breaks
every time ffmpeg is bumped. Given that ffmpeg has a release every 3
months now, is such model sustainable?

Best regards,
Julian