Moving xine-lib and dependent apps to RPM Fusion Free for F17?

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Wed Jul 10 10:51:44 CEST 2013

Hi Kevin,

On 01/05/2012 08:56 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> In Kaffeine's case, upstream is switching from xine-lib to MPlayer in their git
> repository, so it will likely have to move to RPM Fusion sooner or later
> anyway.

I took a look at kaffeine as found in F19 yesterday, and it is still
using xine-lib (and does rebuild fine against the xine-lib 1.2.3 rpm I
prepared). A quick glance at upstream sources showed there are now an
mplayer and vlc backend too, but it seems vlc is the default. iirc,
there was also a gstreamer backend at some point, but I don't see it
anymore. I don't know how to build another backend than the default one.
Also, latest release is 2 years old.
Do you know more about kaffeine status and would you have any advice on
the way forward ?

Regards,
Xavier