rpms/motion/F-19 motion-0002-there-is-no-bin-service-in-Fedora-use-systemctl.patch, 1.1, 1.2 motion.spec, 1.22, 1.23

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Wed Jul 10 17:18:40 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 01:57:22PM +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2013/7/10 Tomasz Torcz <ttorcz at rpmfusion.org>
>
> > Author: ttorcz

> * Wed Jul 10 2013 Tomasz Torcz <ttorcz at fedoraproject.org> -
> 3.3.0-trunkREV557.8
>
> > - correct typo in logrotate patch
> > - rebuild hoping that ffmpeg will be picked up
> >

> -BuildRequires:  libjpeg-devel ffmpeg-compat-devel zlib-devel
> > +BuildRequires:  libjpeg-devel ffmpeg-compat-devel zlib-devel ffmpeg-devel
> >

> @Thomasz,
>
> You cannot both use ffmpeg-compat and ffmpeg. If motion is fixed to use
> current ffmpeg, please remove the BR ffmpeg-compat-devel and the tweak at
> %build steap to use ffmpeg-compat. But please do runtime testing before to
> switch back to current ffmpeg.

  I'm sorry.  My today quest to fix motion was mainly blind hit-and-miss until
I've found proper combination of options.  It's a combination of following
circuimstances:
- motion is largely unmatained upstream, last commit was a year ago
- I don't get all this mess with ffmpeg packages. ffmpeg, ffmpeg compat, upstream
  ffmpeg can't hold to stable ABI, personal conflict with libav etc.
- I'm not skilled enough to patch motion to follow ffmpeg's API-of-the-day insanity
- I don't know how to do scratch builds in RPMFusion environment
- motion builds correctly on my F19 system when using rpmbuild
- to add insult to injury, F-19 branch was somehow using wrong sources

  After all this fight I got motion building with ffmpeg support, but I frankly
don't know why and how.  Co-maintainers would be welcome. :(

--
Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev