ffmpeg-1.2 update

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 22:02:16 CET 2013

W dniu 18.03.2013 21:16, Nicolas Chauvet pisze:
> 2013/3/18 Julian Sikorski
> <belegdol at gmail.com
> <mailto:belegdol at gmail.com>>
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     ffmpeg-1.2 was released recently. I have run a round of dep rebuilds and
>     the only packages that failed to rebuild were bino, lightspark and
>     dvbcut. None of these failures point directly to ffmpeg though.
>     I'd opt for pushing this into devel and F-19 ASAP, and then maybe even
>     to F-18 - but that one should be carefully considered.
>     rpmsodiff output is attached.
>
> devel is rawhide aka fedora-20 right now,  Any update must pass rawhide
> usability tests before anything else.
> As always I would like to have a sum-up of the ABI changes involved if any.
>
> I'm not fundamentally against having ffmpeg-1.2 in branched/F-19 at a
> later point. I just know some later ffmpeg update was locked by vlc
> because they will build but the rework needed to make it run will be
> done in the next vlc, not vlc bugfix.
>
> Nicolas (kwizart)
>
> Ps: I also don't have seen much mplayer update recently

As you can see from the rpmsodiff output, only one symbol was removed.
More details can be seen here:
http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/ffmpeg.html
vlc builds indeed, I can look into setting up a test environment to
check whether it runs. In any case, f20 is eons away so there will be
plenty of time to fix this.
When it comes to mplayer, each branch contains the latest mplayer that
will build together with ffmpeg shipped on said branch. ffmpeg-1.2
allows building today's snapshot, so the update limit has not been
reached yet.

Julian