ffmpeg-1.2 update

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 23:53:24 CET 2013

2013/3/18 Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com>

> 2013/3/18 Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com>
>
>> W dniu 18.03.2013 21:16, Nicolas Chauvet pisze:
>> > 2013/3/18 Julian Sikorski
>> > <belegdol at gmail.com
>> > <mailto:belegdol at gmail.com>>
>> >
>> >     Dear all,
>> >
>> >     ffmpeg-1.2 was released recently. I have run a round of dep
>> rebuilds and
>> >     the only packages that failed to rebuild were bino, lightspark and
>> >     dvbcut. None of these failures point directly to ffmpeg though.
>> >     I'd opt for pushing this into devel and F-19 ASAP, and then maybe
>> even
>> >     to F-18 - but that one should be carefully considered.
>> >     rpmsodiff output is attached.
>> >
>> > devel is rawhide aka fedora-20 right now,  Any update must pass rawhide
>> > usability tests before anything else.
>> > As always I would like to have a sum-up of the ABI changes involved if
>> any.
>> >
>> > I'm not fundamentally against having ffmpeg-1.2 in branched/F-19 at a
>> > later point. I just know some later ffmpeg update was locked by vlc
>> > because they will build but the rework needed to make it run will be
>> > done in the next vlc, not vlc bugfix.
>> >
>> > Nicolas (kwizart)
>> >
>> > Ps: I also don't have seen much mplayer update recently
>> >

>> As you can see from the rpmsodiff output, only one symbol was removed.
>>
> I should apologize, I've miss to see the rpmdiff output was attached in
the first message.
So the rpmsodiff looks more safe than I expected.
There is a need to know the reason from this symbol removal, but this
should be better to expect to F-19 soon, indeed.

That been said, there are still pending FTBFS from the F-19 mass rebuild,
and some of theses are related to ffmpeg API. So unless there is a newer
version compatible with current ffmpeg, it would like them to be moved to
ffmpeg-compat (motion failed to catch it despite my attempt).