Opencv-nonfree in rpmfusion?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Wed May 8 11:23:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 05/08/2013 09:54 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I recently realized that the opencv module in Fedora doesn't contain the
> "nonfree" parts, which are the SURF and SIFT feature detectors. I was
> wondering if it's OK to make them available via RPMFusion? Both SIFT and
> SURF are widely used feature detectors in vision research. Not having
> them around makes all these research folks move away from Fedora.
>
> I'd be happy to maintain the package, if required. I'd just like to have
> these available for use.

If you're already a sponsored Fedora packager, then simply follow the steps
documented here to submit an opencv-nonfree package to rpmfusion:
http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors#Submitting_a_new_package

Once you've done that you may want to send a mail to this list asking
for a review swap, otherwise it may take quite long to get a review
done.

Note that we would prefer for opencv-nonfree to just contain a couple
of plugins, or some such, and depend on the Fedora package. If that is
not possible it is allowed to simply copy the Fedora package as base,
add the nonfree bits and make it Conflict with the original, see for
example audacity-nonfree

Regards,

Hans