Appstream data for rpmfusion

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:42:52 CEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 11:49 +1100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just read this on the planet:
> http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2013/10/16/how-to-generate-appstream-metadata-for-fedora/
>
> Would rpmfusion be able to provide appstream data?
>
> (I'm trying out the process on my machine now to see how it works.)

Hi,

I finished the appdata generation. Here are the stats:

Time taken: a measly 30 minutes. This includes downloading the packages
etc.

The entire directory is about 600-700MB here. The icon and xml tars are
quite small too, less than an MB each. You can find all the files
here[1]. A screenshot or two from gnome-software are also
included[2][3].

I'm yet to figure out if this can be automated, so that it can be
triggered after the builds. I'll dig up a little more. Should I file an
RFE with on bugzilla for this already? It should be a simple enough
patch for the spec.

[1] http://ankursinha.in/rpmfusion-gnome-software/
[2]
http://ankursinha.in/rpmfusion-gnome-software/vlc-gnome-software-screenshot.png