Appstream data for rpmfusion

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 20:33:43 CEST 2013

2013/10/22 David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au>

> On 10/21/2013 11:42 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 11:49 +1100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> >>
> http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2013/10/16/how-to-generate-appstream-metadata-for-fedora/
> >>
> >> Would rpmfusion be able to provide appstream data?
>
> My understanding is that we can best play a part by providing upstream
> with suitable content that can get used, and included in the upstream
> release tarballs.
>
> I guess that is a bit of work, so if there are any helpers who feel like
> having the non-technical application descriptions published via
> appstream info... here is your chance !

Hi David,

Did you tried the process described here ?
That been said I don't expect to bundle the appstream data into
rpmfusion-free-release or the nonfree counterpart. So I think it could be
made as a separate review if it does worth to implement this by f20 or to
wait for f21 so that can be properly handled from the infra side.

I would say that the implementation really must take into accounts third
parties vendors, not only one third party repository like us. And not only
the vendor ... 2cts

There is probably few apps compatible yet in our repo. Is there a list ?

Thx for the reminder. Worth to report an infrastructure bug.