CDRtools in RPMFusion

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Oct 27 00:14:53 CEST 2013

Simone Caronni wrote:
> I would like to merge my current CDRtools package [1] in RPMFusion. It
> currently has quite a large user base. It is used by people who needs to
> burn Dual Layer DVDs or Blue Ray discs. Currently cdrkit (wodim) is not
> able to burn them; actually it never had since its first exception.

FYI, Fedora includes growisofs which does support these media. That said,
growisofs hasn't been updated by upstream for a long time now, and it does
have some unresolved bugs. :-(

But cdrtools is just not legally distributable due to its licensing
situation. (Jörg's own code is now under the CDDL, but it links to other
people's GPL code also included in the cdrtools package.)

        Kevin Kofler