Volunteering to help out as a sysadmin

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 09:31:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 08/04/2014 07:11 AM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> So, as a result of the earlier problems we had with wiki defacement, I'm volunteering to help out as an RPM Fusion sysadmin.  I'm happy to do whatever work needs to be done, whether it's simple, like setting up SSL for the config page in the wiki, or more difficult, like helping switch us over to git+koji.
>
> In my $dayjob, I work as a sysadmin for a school in Beirut, Lebanon, where we run Fedora on most of our desktops.  I have set up and maintained a koji system for the school for the last four years, and I also wrote the yum-presto plugin that (at least in older Fedora releases, it's built into yum in newer releases) enables the use of deltarpms in Fedora.  I've been involved with Fedora for the last seven years, and have been peripherally involved with RPM Fusion on at least a few occasions, and have provided hosting for a few users going through the RPM Fusion package review process.

Cool.

First of all many thanks for volunteering.

You sound like an excellent candidate for the "job".

You certainly get my +1, if it were me I would be handing you
the keys to the castle right away, but I'm not one of the current
sysadmins, and as such I've no keys to give away.

And then there is of course the technical problem of giving
virtual keys away in a secure manner. But assuming the current
sysadmins take you up on your offer I'm sure you can find a
way to do that.

Regards,

Hans