AppData in RPMFusion

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 14:20:17 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 11:34 +0300, Nikos Roussos wrote:
> +1. I think it's really frustrating for end users that they can't
> currently find RPMfusion applications through Software Center (which
> is
> the default and only preinstalled application for installing new
> software).

+1

The fedora packages have already been receiving quite a bit of love when
it comes to appdata. It'll be a good idea to have it for rpmfusion as
well.

This is all from the point of a normal, non advanced end user who will
use gnome-software to install applications. More advanced users that do
not use gnome-software and prefer yum/yumex/dnf etc. will know that they
can add the package to their list of "excludes" if they want to save
their bandwidth.  This isn't rpmfusion specific, this applies to any
repositories and a general usage of gnome-software.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!