Packaging 3-rd party repositories in rpmfusion

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:39:18 CET 2014

On 2/4/14, Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org> wrote:

> +1 for system-config-repo, user interaction is much better than silent
> enablement of repositories on package installation. I would just like a
> feature to remove all packages coming from a given repo when it is
> disabled by the user, in order not to left installed packages that will
> not receive (security) updates anymore.

Although a good idea it's not trivial since it's to too much to put
into a scriptlet. The best for now is probably if you file a bug at
system-config-repo upstream [1].

> Also, iirc, some repos are providing packages with known security flaws.
> While some users might need these repo/software for good or bad reasons,
> they should be warned to be extra careful. I'm thinking of AcrobatReader
> here, but there might be others.

Basically, this should come up if/when someone submits a review
request for this repo. I plan to show some text before enabling a
repo, and this text is not generic. So there will be hooks to enter
whatever warning(s) we want to give.

Cheers!

--alec

[1} https://github.com/leamas/system-config-repo/