No subject

Wed Jan 8 00:05:46 CET 2014

exception?  . A complete diff between the two versions, if only just to see
how big it actually is,  might be helpful here - the git history is not
that easy to read.

--alec

[1] https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Ben Reedy <thebenj88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16/01/14 21:14, Ben Reedy wrote:
>
>> Sorry Miro, I forgot to add that.
>>
>> >Has the library behaviour been modified?
>> The MPV back end to be bundled with CMPlayer has been patched for use
>> with CMPlayer.
>> For those interested, the changes made to the bundled MPV can be viewed
>> at Github [1]
>>
>> >Why haven't the changes been pushed to the upstream library?
>> The developer for CMPlayer has stated that these patches are specific to
>> CMPlayer, and are incompatible with upstream.
>>
>> >Could we make the forked version the canonical version within Fedora?
>> Same answer as above: the CMPlayer patches are incompatible with upstrea=
>> and are specific to CMPlayer.
>>
>> >Are the changes useful to consumers other than the bundling application=
?
>> No, these changes would only benefit CMPlayer users.
>>
>> >Is upstream keeping the base library updated or are they continuously
>> one or more versions behind the latest upstream release?
>> The CMPlayer developer is regularly merging upstream MPV commits into hi=
>> fork.
>>
>> >What is the attitude of upstream towards bundling?
>> The CMPlayer developer has stated that the bundling of MPV is necessary
>> for CMPlayer to successfully build and run.
>>
>> >Does the maintainer of the Fedora package of the library being bundled
>> have any comments about this?
>> The maintainer of the MPV package, Miro Hron=C4=8Dok, suggested this bun=
dling
>> exception.
>>
>> >Is there a plan for unbundling the library at a later time?
>> Not currently.
>>
>> Attached is an email reply from upstream concerning the bundling of MPV
>> with CMPlayer.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/xylosper/mpv/compare/mpv-player:master...master
>>

> Hi all, would anyone like to comment on this bundling exception?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben.

--001a11331298d32d1204f0ca09b3

e that=C2=A0 the cmplayer dev hasn&#39;t really tried to push his patches t=
o the mpv upstream. Looking at how vital the development at mpv [1] is, thi=
s looks like a mistake to me.=C2=A0 <br>
 is how rpmfusion should handle this. To me, merging the two versions (if a=
t all possible) is probably not a reasonable task for a packager - it&#39;s=
 just looks too much (?) <br>
o warrant an exception?=C2=A0 .  A complete diff between the two versions, =
if only just to see how big it actually is,=C2=A0 might be helpful here - t=
he git history is not that easy to read.<br>
://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/">https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/</a><br></=
Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Ben Reedy <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"m=
ailto:thebenj88 at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">thebenj88 at gmail.com</a>&gt;</s=
pan> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On 16/01/14 21:14, Ben Reedy wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Sorry Miro, I forgot to add that.<br>
&gt;Has the library behaviour been modified?<br>
The MPV back end to be bundled with CMPlayer has been patched for use with =
CMPlayer.<br>
For those interested, the changes made to the bundled MPV can be viewed at =
Github [1]<br>
&gt;Why haven&#39;t the changes been pushed to the upstream library?<br>
The developer for CMPlayer has stated that these patches are specific to CM=
Player, and are incompatible with upstream.<br>
&gt;Could we make the forked version the canonical version within Fedora?<b=
r>
Same answer as above: the CMPlayer patches are incompatible with upstream a=
nd are specific to CMPlayer.<br>
&gt;Are the changes useful to consumers other than the bundling application=
?<br>
No, these changes would only benefit CMPlayer users.<br>
&gt;Is upstream keeping the base library updated or are they continuously o=
ne or more versions behind the latest upstream release?<br>
The CMPlayer developer is regularly merging upstream MPV commits into his f=
ork.<br>
&gt;What is the attitude of upstream towards bundling?<br>
The CMPlayer developer has stated that the bundling of MPV is necessary for=
 CMPlayer to successfully build and run.<br>
&gt;Does the maintainer of the Fedora package of the library being bundled =
have any comments about this?<br>
The maintainer of the MPV package, Miro Hron=C4=8Dok, suggested this bundli=
ng exception.<br>
&gt;Is there a plan for unbundling the library at a later time?<br>
Not currently.<br>
Attached is an email reply from upstream concerning the bundling of MPV wit=
h CMPlayer.<br>
[1] <a href=3D"https://github.com/xylosper/mpv/compare/mpv-player:master...=
master" target=3D"_blank">https://github.com/xylosper/<u></u>mpv/compare/mp=
Hi all, would anyone like to comment on this bundling exception?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Ben.<br>

--001a11331298d32d1204f0ca09b3--