polar ssl issues

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:52:50 CEST 2014

On 09/30/2014 08:10 PM, Jeremy Newton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So at the moment I can't update dolphin-emu because of RH#1069394.
>
> It seems the developer/maintainer is not responding to the bug and is
> reluctant to fix it. So the three approach that come to mind:
>
> - Bundle polarssl until it is fixed (I would assume I need approval)
> - Package polarssl-havege or whatever as an alternative to polarssl
> - Keep bugging the maintainer or contact someone who has the leverage to
> do more than me
>
> I just wanted to bounce it off you guys to see if anyone has any opinion
> on how to deal with this, because I'm getting no where fast.
>
> Thanks

I've just done a bit of research and the good news is that it appears
that dolphin-emu has moved away from using havege since releasing 4.0.2
(See
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/commits/master/CMakeTests/FindPolarSSL.cmake).
  The bad news is that the changes require a newer version of polarssl
(1.3) than what is in the stable Fedora repositories.

I would suggest bundling polarssl if you update dolphin-emu in F19 or
F20, and then unbundle for F21 by backporting the commits above.

Jonathan