ffmpeg-2.4 released

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Oct 2 01:46:47 CEST 2014

On Qua, 2014-10-01 at 19:38 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> W dniu 25.09.2014 o 20:51, Sérgio Basto pisze:

> >> Just to be clear: I only pushed it to devel. F20 is still an open question.
> >
> > yes , but I want copy from devel to F20, the state of art , before
> > upgrading to ffmpeg 2.4 , and it is more easier , clean etc , if just
> > after this (update ffmpeg to 2.4) . ...
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> If we ever decide to upgrade f20 (which I don't think we will given the
> current fiasco), please do not overwrite the f20 spec with f21 one. I
> suggest comparing the two and upgrading in parallel, something like git
> cherry-pick.

Hi , Julian , that is the point, this is cvs , we don't have "upgrading
in parallel", I try rolling devel to branches and yes "overwrite the f20
spec" and what is in f20 spec is discard. Is the only rule of
organization that we have .

But the main problem was and still is, lack of time , so I and kwizart
(writing off-list) haven't much time next days and he point to try again
(the mass rebuild) no this weekend but next weekend, meantime
ffmpeg-2.3.3 still on devel (I think) .

This is an ancient system so it give much work do all mass rebuild, see
if we can make a new builder happen.

Kwizart roll back to ffmpeg-2.3 , because though we haven't patches for
vlc build against ffmpeg2-4 and lack of time of course .

Please be patient ...

--
Sérgio M. B.