ffmpeg-2.4 released

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 08:00:00 CEST 2014

W dniu 02.10.2014 o 07:41, Julian Sikorski pisze:
> W dniu 02.10.2014 o 01:46, Sérgio Basto pisze:

>>> If we ever decide to upgrade f20 (which I don't think we will given the
>>> current fiasco), please do not overwrite the f20 spec with f21 one. I
>>> suggest comparing the two and upgrading in parallel, something like git
>>> cherry-pick.
>>
>> Hi , Julian , that is the point, this is cvs , we don't have "upgrading
>> in parallel", I try rolling devel to branches and yes "overwrite the f20
>> spec" and what is in f20 spec is discard. Is the only rule of
>> organization that we have .
>
> I was not aware we have that rule. Until now, I was maintaining seperate
> branches for ffmpeg and mplayer. I still believe that upgrading F-20
> independently is better as it preserves the history better.

Case in point: rawhide ffmpeg has celt support disabled by default
because the package has been retired in fedora. There is no reason to
drop it in F-20.
I have compared the F-20 and devel spec files, and the following changes
are required if we decide to upgrade:
- version bump to 2.3.x
- rename README to README.md in %doc
Please do not overwrite the F20 ffmpeg spec file. I think only makes
sense for packages where the branches were kept at the same version at
all times, which is not the case here.

Best regards,
Julian