ffmpeg-2.4 released

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:03:17 CEST 2014

Dear all,

ffmpeg-2.4 was released recently which means we have another rebuild
coming up. I have done a test and only 4 packages have failed, which is
not bad given the extent of API changes:
- alsa-plugins-freeworld: pcm_a52.c:101:45: error: 'struct a52_ctx' has
no member named 'frame'
- dvbcut: lavfmuxer.cpp:63:57: error: 'av_new_stream' was not declared
in this scope
- kmediafactory: videofile.cpp:74:45: error: 'av_find_stream_info' was
not declared in this scope (mencoder needs to be rebuilt first)
 - vlc: configure: error: libavcodec versions 56 and later are not
supported yet.

Given that we are close to branching (?), what would be the good time to
do the rebuild?

Best regards,
Julian