About chromium packaging

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 12:16:28 CEST 2016

> Jeremy Nouhaud wrote:
>> According to this comment from Spot it is possible to make, I quote,
>> "an rpmfusion addon package to replace the ffmpegsumo.so".
>
> And that comment is incorrect (or at least poorly formulated and
> incomplete):
> 1. There is no "ffmpegsumo.so" in his package (nor in any other current
>    Chromium package). That file name was dropped in Chromium 45. Now, FFmpeg
>    is either static, or shared as libffmpeg.so (in a private library
>    directory). spot's package uses the latter (shared libffmpeg.so).
libffmpeg.so is not provided anymore in the approved fedora build.
So I think there is nothing much to replace, but instead to provide
the shared library as a complement.

I might have something to share to acheive that, so please ask on
#rpmfusion IRC about this, as I don't plan to do much packaging work
until the infra is finished.

Thx